Our next release, Edgecam 2010 R1, is being upgraded to use the latest Microsoft compilers, which in turn requires updated libraries from our suppliers. Some of these new libraries use the SSE2 instruction set and therefore will not run on processors that do not support SSE2.
SSE2 was introduced on the Intel Pentium 4 and Athlon 64 chip sets approximately 7 years ago. Processors that were designed before this point, such as the Intel P3 and Athlon XP do not support SSE2.
This requirement is for installations that use Edgecam and Edgecam Part Modeler. The Toolstore applications, Comms, Editor and Code Wizard should still run on the older hardware, however we recommend that all PCs support SSE2.
A small application has been provided to check if the processor will support Edgecam 2010 R1. Please download this by clicking on the button below.
• AMD CPUs earlier than Athlon 64, including all Socket A-based CPUs
• Intel CPUs earlier than Pentium 4
• AMD K8-based CPUs (Athlon 64, Sempron 64, Turion 64, etc)
• AMD Phenom CPUs
• Intel NetBurst-based CPUs (Pentium 4, Xeon, Celeron, Celeron D, etc)
• Intel Pentium M and Celeron M
• Intel Core-based CPUs (Core Duo, Core Solo, etc)
• Intel Core 2-based CPUs (Core 2 Duo, Core 2 Quad, etc)
• Intel Core i7